Friday, January 25, 2013

Joshua 9-10 (The Gibeonites and Joshua)


Who God is?
Canaan/pagans are conquered because...
God is Holy
God is Sovereign or in Authority
God is Faithful
- steadfast
- never-changing
- loyal
- trustworthy
- worthy of trust
- taking responsibility of one's conduct and obligations
What God does?
God commanded the pagans to be destroyed because He cannot allow evil to corrupt His children.
God gives strength and protection to the Israelites as they conquer and fight against Canaan.
How God works?
God is incharge of our lives.
God listens to us if we're faithful to him.
God abides in us if we abide in him.

Who we are?
We are whimsical.
What we do?
We forget to acknowledge God in all our ways specially when we think we know what to do.
How we work?
We find ways to be spared from shame.

Who I am?
I am a coward and full of whim.
What I do?
I fail God. I forget God.
How I work?
I do things in my own ways.

Who Jesus is?
Jesus is Redeemer and Savior.
What Jesus do?
Jesus came to pay for our sins, and to teach and bring us back to the Father, despite we fail him.
How Jesus work?
Jesus sits on the throne beside the Father to intercede for us.

Who the Holy Spirit is?
HS is guide and teacher.
What Holy Spirit does?
He enables us and reminds us to go back to God, read His word, and listen to him. He also prays for us when we can't pray for ourselves.
How Holy Spirit works?
He reminds us of our sins and enable us to repent, mold us to be like Christ, to perfect us until the day we are completed.

My Father in heaven. Holy be your name.
Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Father, you are Holy, and you hate sin.
You are Sovereign and you are in authority of my life.
You are Faithful and I am the lack of it.
Forgive me of forgetting you, and not acknowledging you, and doing things in my own way, not letting your Holy Spirit to work in me. I am also a coward.
Father, let your Holy Spirit work in me, mold me to be like Christ.
Father, enable me to always remember you and trust you.
Thank you, Father, for your strength to help me through troubles and to go back to you.
Thank you for protecting and sustaining me.
May you always be glorified.
Thank you Father for letting me know you, and allowing me to have a close relationship with you through Christ who came to save and taught us you.
Thank you, Father for your people, who have faith and patience, who inherit your promises, and share you to us.
Father, forgive me. Let me have the joy that you have forgiven me.
In Jesus' name, Amen.