Monday, August 24, 2015

Coming Off From China (Being Aspie/Different)

What has China taught me?

Being 'different' or diagnosed, even reverse culture shock, is no reason to excuse myself from being able to reach to others nor failings in relationships. I have issues socially and communication, understanding how others think and do in situations, especially how the world is. The reason for this is man's depravity. And the history and reason of man becoming corrupt in mind and heart (and any creature, be it physically or environmentally), goes all the way back to the Fall of the first man and woman.

We have all become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment.
We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.
Isaiah 64:6

Knowing ourselves and with the help of psychology and psychiatry, it may be good, so we would NOT the ultimate good.
know how to understand ourselves and how compatible or incompatible we are with the world. Also to be able to know how to cope and adjust ourselves to this world that does not understand us. But it is

What then after knowing ourselves? Does this excuse us from who we truly are in God or excuse to follow His commands? No. With God's help and as our Hope, our weaknesses can become strengths.

People who feel 'different' from the rest, even those who call themselves Christians, excuse themselves because of inabilities (or inner desires). Even 'normal' people excuse themselves from doing God's work. Which should not be, because, however, the gospel of Jesus Christ can MAKE US NEW.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.
The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
2 Corinthians 5:17

It is not a sudden change, but it is gradual.

When I was in China, I almost forgot my inabilities/weaknesses. God was watching over me and helped me overcome my personal struggles. Reentry brought back the memory and living these struggles. The environment and people might be a factor, but knowing God was able to do in me I thought I could not, God can change anyone. No inability or disability can stop us from giving God the glory to praise His name and advance His Kingdom.