Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Crave Pure Spiritual Milk

2 As newborn babies want milk, you should want the pure and simple teaching. By it you can mature in your salvation, 3 because you have already examined and seen how good the Lord is. (1 Pet 2:2-3)

It may have been that I am Christian for a very long time. I grew up in a "Christian" home. My father was the son of a reverend pastor. I had been told of the Bible stories, went to Sunday School, went to a Christian school, and went to church almost everyday during my late youth years.

I am now in my prime youth years. I have just entered the professional and adulthood chapter of my life.

I am a Christian for so long, but only this year have I been taught the Bible well and have known God more.

Has been for a very long time have I craved to learn the Bible, have I craved to know God and His Word.

From Matthew Henry's Commentary about the passage above:
"Strong desires and affections to the word of God are a sure evidence of a person’s being born again. If they be such desires as the babe has for the milk, they prove that the person is new-born. They are the lowest evidence, but yet they are certain."

I thank God for making himself known to me though the many years that I turn my back on Him and rebel....looking for Him in the wrong places and wrong people. However, though I do not know these places or people are the wrong ones, I still have learned though painful.