Friday, June 7, 2013

Religion Confusion

I watched a video of "Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus" (Muslim Version).

In the description, the author wrote,
"A poem I wrote to highlight the difference between Jesus and false religion. This is not an attack upon Christians, so please don't take this as offensive, it's just a means of education and let people know what Jesus was truly sent with. Jesus is a Prophet of Islam, yet a God of Christianity. In Islam God is all Powerful, But in Christianity God was overpowered and crucified on the cross, how can the Almighty God be overpowered, these are just examples for people to think about, we are not forcing you to believe, just ponder and question. The Quran is the final testament, Muhammad is the final Messenger. Islam is the final religion, so no I dont Hate Islam. One God, One God only, He does not beget nor was he begotten, He is the GREATEST. And has no partners. (Holy Quran Ch 112)"
 First thing, I believe in Jesus as the Son of God. I respect the Muslims that they believe God (or Allah) as the only true God. I believe that the Muslims (Islam) have come from the line of Ishmael, the son of Abraham. Yet, I believe in Jesus' virgin birth, his works, death, resurrection, ascension, and promise of coming back; these things are also written in the Qur'an. I may not have read the Qur'an but I have read some parts. And I do not believe that Muhammad is the Last Prophet because Jesus is the last Adam to have gotten the covenant from God.

I am not a Roman Catholic. I do not carry a name of a famous theologian either. I do not believe in religion which are merely full of moralism. Yet, I am a child of God. That is all the title I carry, not Roman Catholic, Protestant, Calvinist, etc. I am a reformer, not a Reformer with the capital R. I do not idolize the Jesus, the author in the video is referring to. I despise the images the Roman Catholics are conveying to be an image of Jesus.

I love God's Word. I respect people who are truly believers of God. I respect my Muslim brothers. I love them a lot, just as I love the people who call themselves Christians but disobeys God by following their own principles about God and His Word. Yet I wish all of them to know God's plan of salvation through Jesus Christ. I still cannot fully express the joy and freedom Jesus (God) has revealed to me. I believe that God (Father), God (Jesus), God (Holy Spirit) is in Creation, which He has created. God is One. This Trinity doctrine is beyond our limited understanding; we all hardly can fathom.

Like the Jews, who rejects Jesus as the Messiah, I want to ask, do Muslims also wait for the Messiah? Why do you wait? For redemption? Whatever your answers are, it's all in Jesus Christ, the Messiah.

I am a Christian, I carry the name of Christ, but I am not the Christian today's world is referring to. I am a child of God, I carry the name of God. And as my gratitude to God's saving grace, I want to become like Christ and still want to learn more and more and more about God whom I worship. And that is found in Christ, in His Word (physically known as the Bible, having the very words of God).

John 1ff
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. 
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. 
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known.