Tuesday, July 2, 2013

We Won't Be Shaken (Prayer for Forgiveness)

Father, forgive me of my lack of trust in you in times of overwhelm and weary of the woes present to me.
May I remember who I am in Christ.
May I remember your kingdom.
Father, may your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give me this day as my day of rest and reflection in you. Catch up my study of your Word.
Forgive me, Father, and help me forgive my family, my church, and the torment of my boring work.
I pray and thank you for the opportunities that you provide at work, so I can learn and remember your grace and mercy. And remember why I am where I am. Teach me to worship you at work. Help me to make you known at work, at home, and at church.
Create in me a pure heart and renew a right spirit within me.
Father, set me an example in faith, in speech, in love, and in purity.
I am not my own. I don't own my thoughts and my mind and my heart. I don't own anything that is present in me. I am yours. You own me. Father, help me.
Father, yours is your kingdom, your power, your glory.
Forever and ever. Amen.