Thursday, December 5, 2013

On Jesus' Lap

And they were bringing children to him that he might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them. - Mark 10:13-16

He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me." - Mark 9:36-37

Imagine you were one of those children. You wanted to go near to the most famous man the town or the whole country was talking about. You thought, "Who is this man whom grownups say that he has made wonders and loves any people he meets? If he sees me, can he love me too? Can he come and play with me?"

Walking towards the man, you were almost there, close to his side. You raised your arm to touch his cloak, get his attention. Then two of his bodyguards saw you, they shoved you away and said, "This is no place for children."

Heartbroken, you thought, "He doesn't love me," and you walked back to your house. Then you heard someone calling your name. You looked back and saw the scary man walking towards you. Petrified, you wanted to run away, but could not because of fear, "Oh no," you freaked.

The man, now standing in front of you, and you, didn't know what to do, bowed your head and waited. Then suddenly he took you in his arms and walked back to the crowd. He sat down and you sat on his lap.

How would you feel that you're sitting on the lap of the King of kings and Lord of lords. The lap of the One who made the heavens and the earth. The lap of the One who made you and loved you even before you've known Him. He even took you in His arms and embraced you. You could feel his macho arms, you could lay your head on His shoulders.

Sit on the lap of Jesus and learn from Him through His Word with the guidance of His Holy Spirit.