Thursday, December 12, 2013

Santa says, Jesus says

Santa says, "I'm making a list and checking it twice, gonna find out who's naughty or nice. I know if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness' sake. You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout, 'cause I'm telling you why, I am Santa Claus and I am coming to town. If you do good, I will love you and give you anything you want if you ask."

Jesus says, "I know you are not good, no not one of you, you can do nothing apart from me, so I'm coming into the world through the womb of a virgin conceived by the Holy Spirit. I will be born in Bethlehem in a manger wrapped in swaddling clothes. I will grow up to be a carpenter in Nazareth and proclaim the kingship of God is at hand. I will be teaching you and I will feel what you feel. I will be hurt just as you are hurt. I will be tempted and persecuted. I will be crucified on the cross like a Lamb. My blood will be shed to atone for you. I will be buried for three days. I will then be resurrected to prepare a place for you, to redeem you as my own. Only in my love, you will learn to love me and love others, and learn to do good for I will enable you with the help of my Holy Spirit."