Sunday, August 5, 2012

Read Exodus 23-24

Some years ago a Rottweiler attacked our golden retriever puppy at a kennel. The worthless animal climbed out of its run and into Molly's and nearly killed her. He left her with dozens of gashed and a dangling ear, My feelings toward that mutt were less than Davidic. Leave the two of us in a cave, and only one would have exited. I wrote a letter to the dog's owner, urging him to put the dog to sleep.

But when I showed the letter to the kennel owner, she begged me to reconsider, "What that dog did was horrible, but I'm still training him. I'm not finished with him yet."

God would say the same about the Rottweiler who attacked you. "What he did was unthinkable, unacceptable, inexcusable, but I'm not finished yet."

Your enemies still figure into God's plan. Their pulse is proof. God hasn't given up on them. They may be out of God's will, but not out of his reach. You honor God when you see them, not as His failures, but as His projects. (Max Lucado, Facing the Giants)

Here are my thoughts:
  • God will not send me to where He does not permit. Acts 16:6-7
  • People are still a work in progress. Therefore, forgive, consider, patience, honor God by offering these people back to him.
  • How to LOVE? Know God's Law. What is LOVE? Know God's Grace. #reading #exodus

Memory verse of the day:  Exodus 23:20-22 (NCV)
I am sending an angel ahead of you, who will protect you as you travel. He will lead you to the place I have prepared. Pay attention to the angel and obey him. Do not turn against him; he will not forgive such turning against him because my power is in him. If you listen carefully to all he says and do everything that I tell you, I will be an enemy to your enemies. I will fight all who fight against you.