Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday, Aug 5 2012 (Travel)

So this is my second Sunday away from my home church, but my first Sunday to start spending time alone to have a connection with God...in McDonalds.

McDonalds is my favorite fastfood and one of its branches is my favorite location. I have no other places to hangout like this other than my home church. I am here with strangers. This is better because strangers cannot disturb other strangers but when I see familiar faces, I cringe and try to hide my face and act like I don't see them.

I left home at 8am so my family would think I left for church. They didn't know what my plans were. They no longer went to church, but their church was the TV with Charles Stanley.

I started reading with Moms Magazine, which I wrote/blogged my reflection here (R-18). I then did my devotion with Exodus 23-24. However, the morning had ended, I had to go to join the 3rd service with Christ's Commission Fellowship (CCF). It was okay but I was drifting to sleep. I think this was my first time to nap in a church service..no offense. After service, the congregation went home. I thought, maybe their small groups had more fellowshipping.

I then went to a spa for a foot reflexology. Had been wishing it for months. Now, I need a back massage for carrying a backpack filled with my netbook, books, and handouts of study guides. Hence, baptizing myself as a Spiritual Backpacker, walking around the city.

I then joined Inside Out City Gathering (IO) again. I liked this place.


During the day, I couldn't help but fell tears when I joined these fellowships especially during praise & worship. The songs were all for and about God. Even the song like Everyday (It's You I Live For). Big tears fell. Glad these places were dark. Also tears fell when I, a lone ranger Christian, was out joining these gatherings without knowing who these people were. Alone, I only invited myself into these gatherings, not sure what these places might bring.