Monday, August 6, 2012

Sylvester Stallone (Lone Ranger Christians)

Sylvester Stallone, who played Rocky and Rambo in the movies, told a group of pastors, "Living without the church is like working out without a trainer. You need to have the expertise and guidance of someone else. You can't train yourself. I feel the same way about Christianity."

"The church is the gym of the soul, " Stallone continued. "Pastors are like trainers that guide you through difficult times and take you to places you don't believe you can go. A lot of people say, 'I can do it on my won, I have a one-on-one relationship with God.' Well, it's not quite the same... The more I turn myself over to the process of believing in Jesus, listening to His Word and having Him guide my hand, the more I feel as though the pressure is off me now."  (Christian Becker, Just a Minute)