Friday, October 5, 2012

Numbers 12 (Jealousy)

This passage is about sibling rivalry and jealousy between Aaron and Miriam towards Moses because God talks close to Moses. God doesn't excuse jealousy, He speaks to Moses because he is the least proud person that time and God trusts that he can lead the people.

I still don't seem to understand the gravity of jealousy. What about it that the 2 siblings would be jealous of Moses because God favored Moses more because Moses was humble, and God became angry with the two?

I got jealous with a spiritual sister (a year older than me) because our spiritual mother (former) favored her more or hugged her more, taught her about God more. I got jealous like I was jealous when I was 5yo towards my baby brother. My doctor and her told me that she had given me the special attention and would take more time and patience with me. However, because of my jealousy (also towards her boyfriend), my church mother got angry at me and one of the reasons she left me.

I get jealous, envious, and then self-pity when I see people doing what I wish for but cannot even have, such as a hug, a quality time with others...and because I don't belong or I'm weird, I'm a loner. I've had many counselors/help already, and they just leave and give up. Would I also experience this with my new spiritual mom? What about my spiritual dad? Both of them are no longer of my city. Dad left because he needed to be near his father's family. Mom only came here for an on-the-job training from her seminary. They're reasonable. At least they didn't leave me by giving up. They only physically left unlike the others, they neglected.