Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Numbers 15 (Hope in God)

I read the devotion part of this passage before I wrote here.

The first part talks how to offer sacrifices to God and obey Him. Second talks about a man stoned to death for he collected wood on a Sabbath. Third talks about God commanding people to put tassels on their garment to remind them of God's commands.

The man stoned to death for gathering wood on a Sabbath concerns me because what if he's collecting wood to burn for food. Didn't Jesus' disciples collect food from the fields because they were hungry? Didn't Jesus tell the crippled man of 30 years to carry the mat? The man was pitiful. He was just gathering wood and he was stoned to death for it. Was he innocent or was he intentionally disobeying God? By his punishment, he disobeyed God. Sabbath must be kept holy because God rested on the seventh day after 6 days of work. Sabbath is set aside for our day of worship, to remind us to turn from our sins, to love even our enemies, to give and care those who are in need. To let go of our material possessions, that includes work for we are working for the benefit of preserving ourselves in the flesh and leisure, to trust in God and hope in God completely that He alone can provide everything we need...for our body, strength, and spirit. On Sabbath, we are to rest in Him. Trust in Him. Hope in Him. Yet, I still can't get over for the man stoned to death.

May we put reminders to remind us that we are not our own, we don't belong here but belong in heaven with God. A reminder to always look up to God and obey Him.

I am a great sinner and I don't deserve to be part of God's Family. I could have killed myself if I have not known God. I still lose focus of God. I still speak unwholesome talk, I fail to edify, I raise my voice especially when I am irritable, I lack self-control. I hate, I get angry and sin especially when I am wrong, hurt, and betrayed. I beg....

God, enable me to hope in you completely, trust ONLY you entirely, have faith in you which can move mountains. Let me hope in you, God that someday I become whom I think I will be. Yet, teach me, guide me, don't hurt me too much as you discipline me to become the person you will me to be. Let me always choose you more than other things. Let me be patient and not be hasty with the "visions" you allow me to peep or see but let me wait on you. The Isrealites had the chance to see the Promised Land but because of sin, they were moved away that all they could do was hope one day they would possess the land. What if I may not see the visions happen in my time? It hurts but GOD! Let me still hope in you. Let me, especially, enjoy you. In Jesus' name, Amen.